I am almost finished the Irish Times crossword. This is the closest I have ever gotten, ever. I need to know a word for:
* Be a burden to, hamper (8)
* Stress or tension (6)
* Canny and with sound judgement (6)
* To do with cooking (8)
* Didn't see, being fated (8)
* Words spoken so that only certain people will hear (6)
* Major inland sea of NE Canada- . . . . . . Bay (6)
* Without power to move or act (5)
Okay, so I'm not THAT close to completing it. And, yes, this IS how I spend my dinner. I expect you're off eating and doing stuff.
I DON'T CARE. I'M ALMOST FINISHED THE SIMPLEX.