Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A Nation Once Again: One Country Unites to Piss Lucy Off

IRELAND IS WORKING AS ONE COMBINED UNIT TO RUIN MY ITALY BUZZ. IT WILL NOT WORK. I SHALL OVERCOME.


Anyway. I'm not going to go on (much) about Italy, in case you were worried. I have SOME respect for other people. Instead I will dole out tiny anecdotes, in glistening, sun-shiney nuggets that offer wee tasters of the trip. Mar shampla, on Friday morning we had a champagne brunch on our terrace. In fact, EVERY morning. Over-looking the Mediterranean. Then I went for a walk on the beach and poked strange looking things in rock pools with a stick. Then I went for a run. For a mile and a half. On pale beige semi-firm sand, weaving in out of the water in my bare feet. Me. Running.

I'm going to let you take a minute to fathom how amazing this fact actually is.

That's how I spent the past four days. Weaving from champagne bottles to dinner tables to the beach. Constantly half-cut and half-dressed and wholly giddy on pleasurable things.

You are excused to vomit your envy away from the computer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, my mouth is really freakin numb. I feel like my bottom lip is twice it's normal size but it looks the same. Happy drugs rock. Getting your wisdom teeth out is a real buzz, I recommend it.

fuzzbrian said...

Stop enjoying the buzz - that's a crime against society!

It's much more socially acceptable to just wallow in the pain and misery.

Mossy said...

Im pretty sure "Mar Shampla" is my thing. I would recommend you don't use it unless the surroundin words are as Gaeilge, or else you will be hearing from my people.

Anonymous said...

Back to life, back to reality...get used to it Augh coz life is not sipping pink champagne while listening to the clear blue Mediterranean water lapping against the picturesque coastline of Italy, although you may feel like it is when your in company...

Anonymous said...

My company that was ment to be incase you mistook it in any kind of sexual context

Lucy said...

I don't take EVERYTHING in a sexual context, you know.