Monday, September 12, 2005

Lucy reads papers occasionally

I just bought the new format Guardian; the Russian girl in the Centra only charged me 80c which I think might have been a mistake but I am not to question the authority of stern Slavic blondes that let me off cheap. Anyway, I really like it. It's much handier and that blue banner looks much better than the horrible orangey one. More European, if that makes any sense whatsoever. And G2! Don't get me started. It's adorable! I want to take it home and cook it dinner. I won't though. That would be weird.

8 comments:

Mossy said...

You should have titled this entry - "dont read this, it's pointless".

Anonymous said...

Indeed. That would've saved valuable moments of my life that I can never reclaim. Especially seen as I wasted more of them agreeing with mossy...

Lucy said...

Well.

That's just frankly amazing. 'Don't Read This It's Pointless' was second runner-up to Feigning Interest in the race for the name of my whole blog!

Just beating 'Fuck off and Don't read if you're not prepared to worship at the shrine of Lucy's ramblings'. So close.

fuzzbrian said...

Howe about "feigning intelligence"? I think that'd be more apt. Sorry, that's mean. Ooops soory i meant to say: haha, that's mean.

Lucy wrote:
Anyway, I really like it. It's much handier and that blue banner looks much better than the horrible orangey one. More European, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

Hey are you a graphic designer? For a NATIONAL newspaper? Cos i am. and you're talking codswallop. Anyway, the guardian's for prudes. you should the IRISH examiner. I like it's advertising in particular.

Anonymous said...

I've bought it too, and I agree it's great.

80c is the correct price - you can tell by looking at the cover where they hadily print it for your convenience.

Anonymous said...

That should read handily

Lucy said...

Alright, that's it.

All you smart-arses off me blog. I am hugely busy and important. Some of us have pointless posts to construct about things we know nothing about.

Huw said...

Bah. I don't like it. Looks like one of those Accountancy Today type corporate jobbies.

It'll win me over though I'm sure. I'm fickle like that.