Thursday, September 29, 2005

Dublin's Loss is Tramore's Gain

Now, I don't mean to upset you all unduly but I have some bad news. Bad news for you, essentially. I quite welcome it. As of next week I will cease to be an ignorant country oik struggling to keep it lit* in an increasingly hostile urban environment (honestly. Our living room window was broken by a sliotar last week. I told off the youths responsible but because I am so hip and down with the kids, they couldn't take my censure seriously. Oh, the perils of being charming). Instead, I resume my familial duty by moving home to Waterford and working in a library again.

Shocked? Try to veil it manfully. Distressed? Excuse yourself to the bathroom; I don't want to see your tears. Reeling franticly from bar to bar in sulky grief? That's the spirit! Carry on, friends, carry on...

*Joanne-speak

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeay Lucy, cant wait to see you back in the home land! So are you having like a quiting Dublin party?

Anonymous said...

Im thinking Priate themed Lucia. We could have a double going away thingie. Im also thinking keep it locked, keep it loaded, keep it lit..... keep it LOUD. Me maties.

Anonymous said...

Shit that was meant to be pirate. PIRATE. I don't know anyone called Priate. Sounds greek.

Mossy said...

WHAT THE FUCK??!!??!?

Anonymous said...

Are you seriously moving to Tramore?

fuzzbrian said...

Lucy fought Dublin... and Dublin won. Haha! I saw it coming a mile away. And now off she goes with her tail between her legs. Go home lucy.

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Woah.If I moved back to Tramore I would need counselling. Power to ya.

Lucy said...

Ah, but I am much more well adjusted than you. I shall do more than cope, I shall rock.

And obliterate all lame vocabulary from my speech, evidently.

Anonymous said...

If you are having a leaving party, please have the decency to pick a nice venue and have it on a friday/ saturday night. I am particularly bitter after having to spend last night in Eamonn Doran's, the sewer of temple bar.

Anonymous said...

I don't care where it is, as long as its fucking pirate themed.

Anonymous said...

or priate themed that'd be nice too.