Friday, January 07, 2005

Ladies Don't Squat

There was me thinking Manual lifting would be a breeze. Hardly! Maybe it was because I was sniggering all the way through the talk and trying to make one of the boys laugh by throwing my pen on the ground and making him pick it up, or maybe it's because I am dense and can't do anything right, but the course leader kept picking on me to demonstrate how not to lift things. It's not my fault, I have a natural tendency towards grace and poise and therefore am dis-inclined to squat and stick my elbows out and clutch boxes to my chest. And then she kept pissing me off while talking about the skeletal system. It's all very well to say your spine supports your head and all that, but calling it your 'big, heavy head' and 'heavy arms' and even 'massive vertebrae' just gets my goat. Can we not even maintain any bodily dignity anymore? I feel used.

1 comment:

Mossy said...

Holy Balls have you got some pent up something or other. I think you need a hobby. Like "Free Slave" or "Door Mat".

Lol. How I chuckle at thee in thine hour of need and thine ist but a child in thist mans world.