Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Poor Misguided Fool

It is horrible getting stuck in conversation with me, I expect. I am very conscious of being prone to sounding pretentious and obnoxious, so, when I remember, I try to sound nicer by nodding vehemently and agreeing with everything said. I don't do this very well and invariably end up sounding patronising and stupid. Occasionally I trail off and stare into space for many moments. If I am in an excitable mood I will drop in many obscure literary references which no one can follow because these are restricted, somewhat ridiculously, to whatever I have been reading lately and whatever pops into my empty little head at the time. Then I will chortle inanely to myself and whoever I am talking to will click their tongue and stare over my shoulder for someone else to talk to.

I AM SERIOUS. THIS IS HOW I RELATE TO OTHER PEOPLE: TERRIBLY.


Ooch. I love to wallow in self-loathing of a Tuesday.

No comments: