Monday, May 02, 2005

Fa fa fa fa fa (sad song)

On Friday night I am going out to a karaoke bar off Georges Street with a bunch of people from work to mark my starting a new job the following week. Idling all weekend, I have been occupied in thinking up suitable song choices. So far, I have the following:

Stay Another Day- East 17
Don't Go- Hothouse Flowers
Let's Stay Together- Tina Turner
She Left on a Monday- Bic Runga
You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me, Lucille- Kenny Rogers

Or something. I am really too lazy to bother thinking up too many more. These are for everyone else to sing, obviously. I am a woman of class and distinction, I would never debase myself by taking part in karaoke. Instead, I will be getting locked and sitting in the corner, chuckling quietly to myself. Maybe I'll sing a verse or two of Born to Run, maybe not. Depends how much saki gets bought for me, essentially.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on Lucy, I know you could belt out a decent rendition of 'The Rose' if you really wanted. Better yet bring Aoife along, her Betty Davis Eyes is amazing, even third time round. If I HAD to pick a song to karaoke along too, it would probably be something where I could shout a lot to disguise my lack of singing ability - Tubthumping anyone? I GET KNOCKED DOWN BUT I GET UP AGAIN BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mossy said...

My Personal Karaoke favourite is Unchained Melody. I do enjoy that one. I feel that it brings me feelings out for every one to see before taking them back in a big finish.

Anonymous said...

How about NKOB's 'Please Don't Go, Girl'?