Monday, May 02, 2005

Fa fa fa fa fa (sad song)

On Friday night I am going out to a karaoke bar off Georges Street with a bunch of people from work to mark my starting a new job the following week. Idling all weekend, I have been occupied in thinking up suitable song choices. So far, I have the following:

Stay Another Day- East 17
Don't Go- Hothouse Flowers
Let's Stay Together- Tina Turner
She Left on a Monday- Bic Runga
You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me, Lucille- Kenny Rogers

Or something. I am really too lazy to bother thinking up too many more. These are for everyone else to sing, obviously. I am a woman of class and distinction, I would never debase myself by taking part in karaoke. Instead, I will be getting locked and sitting in the corner, chuckling quietly to myself. Maybe I'll sing a verse or two of Born to Run, maybe not. Depends how much saki gets bought for me, essentially.

4 comments:

Voodoolady said...

Come on Lucy, I know you could belt out a decent rendition of 'The Rose' if you really wanted. Better yet bring Aoife along, her Betty Davis Eyes is amazing, even third time round. If I HAD to pick a song to karaoke along too, it would probably be something where I could shout a lot to disguise my lack of singing ability - Tubthumping anyone? I GET KNOCKED DOWN BUT I GET UP AGAIN BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mossy said...

My Personal Karaoke favourite is Unchained Melody. I do enjoy that one. I feel that it brings me feelings out for every one to see before taking them back in a big finish.

Anonymous said...

How about NKOB's 'Please Don't Go, Girl'?

Linus said...

If anyone sings 'If you don't wanna fuck me baby, then fuck off' By Wayne 'Jayne' County, you'll know you have a fan. And that that karaoke place has an extensive selection of songs to choose from