Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Waitin' on a Sunny Day...

What is up with outside today? I am generally not one to comment on the weather except to old ladies at bus stops, but a day like today warrants some notice I feel. It started with a bolt of lightening, proceeded to thunder, snow and rain till mid morning and now sees fit to remain sunny and breezy for the rest of the day. As a committed ditherer, I recognise indecision when I see it. In an act of hypocrisy much greater than any previous incidents [Lucy, to sister: 'Never smoke.' Pauses to draw deeply on cigarette 'It is very bad for you.' Lucy, to new co-worker: 'The key to this job is keeping focus. Thriving to be the best. Pauses briefly to sit around vacantly for three hours 'As I said earlier, it's all about staying busy.'], I now say: Wise up weather! Make a choice, so that the rest of us don't have to struggle whether to choose wellies, brolly or sunglasses every morning! Naturally, I would almost always choose the brolly, as I like to swing it jauntily from my arm and look dapper. Also, I don't own any wellies or sunglasses.

In other news, I have recently decided to title all posts with any song lyrics that wander unbidden into my head at the moment of literary creation. I made a commitment to be abitrary and illogical long ago and I'm damned if I'll give that up now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lucy aughney please tell me you are not seriously dishin' out advice like that to new co workers ya loser!!!???