Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Vile Sonia


Sonia, originally uploaded by Harriet Vane.

I'd been suspecting it for a while. Then on Saturday some Scottish yob roared at me across the bar of the Three Sisters: 'Ach aye wee lassie, ye look like that Sonia off Eastenders!' Shooting him a haughty Gaelic glare, I finished my tequilas and turned on my pretty heel. I HATE that Sonia one.

It's the absence of chin in us both that does it, that and the complete lack of profile we both suffer from. Not that I'm calling her a ugly cow or anything, but come on: she's the most irritating pain in the neck in Albert Square. Look at her in this picture- she's just standing there, all needy eyes and no-chin, probably in the middle of telling the horrible Martin that they will always be together, even though he knocked her up years ago, made her give her daughter up for adoption then ran over her boyfriend and did jail time for it. Ugh. And in that awful, dead-sounding voice of hers. How does someone get on telly with a voice like that?

Fortunately, I have the voice of an angel, the honey-throat of a goddess whose every murmer sends shivers down spines. Just so you can tell us apart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't say I can see it myself, Sonia is much better looking than you

Anonymous said...

Sonia has a fine chin in that picture. You critical slaaaaaaaag.

Anonymous said...

i think sonia is pretty i think you look a lil bit like her...i certainly wouldnt take it as a insult!!!!

Anonymous said...

you did shots in the three sisters and didnt get me one???? YOU SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Lucy said...

First of all, you were too busy chatting up those OLD MEN. And Ger was with me, busy with Ben 'Can your boyfriend do this?' the Aussie. Who wouldn't drink?

Right. I'm off to tremble my horrendous non-chin in misery at my affinity to the bottomless pitt of human sympathy, AKA Sonia. Bleugh.